As a Texas Realtor, I can assist you with this important decision. There are many reasons people consider selling a home. Whether you’re thinking of upgrading, downsizing, or simply making a change, you may be wondering if the timing is right. Here are several reasons why this may be a good time to put your home on the market.
• Housing prices in Texas have been steadily rising at a moderate pace for many years, even while other states have experienced wild price fluctuations.
• Record-low interest rates motivate buyers to act on their desire to purchase a home and give them more purchasing power.
• Unlike other states that experienced wild price fluctuations and skyrocketing foreclosure rates, Texas does not have a glut of unsold homes. According to the Texas Real Estate Center at Texas A&M, the statewide supply of homes is at a level that leads to a fairly balanced market.
• Individuals and businesses continue to move to Texas, and this ongoing population growth feeds a strong demand for housing.
• Summer is always the best time to sell since the landscape looks nice and school is out, allowing families to transition to new areas.
As a Texas Realtor, I can show you how our current housing market conditions factor in to your goal of selling your home. You can count on me to put your interests first while I assist you during this exciting process.
This information is part of the Ask a Texas Realtor Campaign from the Texas Association of Realtors.