As a seller, what you want to know is what you will net at the closing table when you sell your home. To find out how much money you’ll net from your house, add up your closing costs and subtract them from the sale price of the house.
Possible Closing Costs for Sellers:
• Mortgage Payoff & Outstanding Interest
• Prorations for Real Estate Taxes
• Prorations for Utility Bills, Condo Dues, & other items paid in arrears
• Closing Fees Charged by Closing Specialist
• Home Inspections
• Attorney’s Fees
• Title Policy Fees
• Survey Charge
• Transfer Tax or other Government Registration Fees
• Brokerage Commission (Realtor Fees)
• Home Warranty for the Buyers
Reprinted from REALTOR Magazine Online by permission of the National Association of Realtors, Copyriht 2005, All rights reserved.