ORLANDO (Dallas Morning News) – Sales to first-time homebuyers are at their highest in seven years. Over 40 percent of homes recently sold went to first-time buyers, according to a 10,000-person survey by the National Association of Realtors.
Other survey findings include:
- a record 32 percent of buyers found their houses first on the Internet;
- almost 90 percent looked for information online during their home search;
- almost 80 percent were concerned about commuting costs;
- 43 percent said heating and cooling costs were very important factors when they made their purchase; and
- more than 40 percent of sellers had to offer incentives to buyers, including assistance with closing costs and home warranty policies.