HOUSTON (MakingHomeAffordable.gov) – Homeowners needing mortgage assistance might find it at a special event
on Friday, Nov. 4, in Houston.
The Help for Homeowners Community Event is an opportunity for homeowners to meet with mortgage lenders or a HUD-approved housing counselor to find out
whether they qualify for the federal Making Home Affordable program or other options.
The free workshop will be from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Hilton Americas–Houston at 1600 Lamar St.
Homeowners must bring:
- a monthly mortgage statement,
- information about any other mortgages on the home,
- two most recent pay stubs for household members contributing to mortgage payment,
- tax returns for last two years,
- most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit and loss statement (if
- documentation of other income,
- two most recent bank statements,
- utility bill showing homeowner name and property address, and
- unemployment insurance letter, if applicable.
The event is sponsored by NeighborWorks America, the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.