1. They don’t ask enough questions of their lender and miss out on the best deal.
2. THey don’t act quickly enough to make a decision and someone else buys the house.
3. They don’t find the right real estate professional who is willing to help you through the homebuying process.
4. They don’t do enough to make their offer look good to a seller.
5. They don’t think about resale before they buy. The average first-time buyer only stays in a home for four years.
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION FROM REAL ESTATE CHECKLIST AND SYSTEMS ( http://www.realestatechecklists.com ) REPRINTED FROM REALTOR MAGAZINE ONLINE BY PERMISSION OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS, COPYRIGHT 2005, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.