The following article is from the Check A Pro Joe E-Newsletter. RREA and Check A Pro have partnered to bring the Check A Pro opportunities to our home buyers and sellers. This valuable coupon/credit card can be used over and over on home services. Call RREA today to request your Check A Pro Card – 281.288.3500. We will be happy to mail you this valuable offer.
Maintaining your wooden fence doesn’t have to be a hard task. Follow these guidelines to making your fence last longer.
1. Make sure your fence is sealed and treated. Untreated wood needs two coats of sealer to keep it safe from the weather and those pesky insects.
2. Create proper drainage to keep rain water from pooling at the bottom of your fence. An example would be to use pebbles or gravel.
3. Move your sprinkler heads away from your fence. When your fence is being constantly drenched with water, it will cause your fence to rot a lot faster.
4. Check your fence periodically throughout the year to see if it needs minor repairs.
5. Lastly, make sure leaves and other debris is away from your fence. When plants decompose, they attract insects that can damage the fence.