You can use steel wool to:
- Fill a screw hole that has become too big for the screw. Stuff the hole with steel wool and re-insert the screw.
- Make an instant pincushion. Stuff an old sock with steel wool and tie tightly for a pincushion that will keep pins and needles rust free.
- Repel kitchen pests, by placing steel wool around the pipes under the sink.
You can use nail polish remover to:
- Remove sticker residue from glass objects.
- Unstick your fingers after a superglue mishap.
- Remove marker and ink from appliances, glass, and stainless steel.
You can use olive oil to:
- Revitalize leather shoes and baseball gloves.
- Clean greasy hands.
- Repel moles in the yard. Soak a cloth in olive oil and stuff it into the mole hole. Moles hate olive oil!
You can use cola to:
- Remove grease stains from the garage floor.
- Clear a sluggish drain.
- Loosen a bolt that is rusted on.
- Remove stubborn stains from the toilet. Pour in the cola and wait one hour before scrubbing.
Another great tip for those tree stumps in your yard. Rock salt, just completely cover the entire trunk and the perimeter around the base of it and let it sit. You will see after a day or two the salt getting wet as it absorbs the moisture and nutrients out of the stump, killing it for good. As salt dissolves or as the rain washes it away then you need to cover it again. It may take several weeks to work but it will do the trick.
Good Luck and Happy Cleaning and remember, I am just a phone call away should you have any real estate needs.