If you are thinking of taking a trip to see the astonishing master planned community of The Woodlands, then here is a list of my top favorite things to do while visiting:
1. In addition to each villages own boutique areas, there are two main shopping centers that serve The Woodlands.
The Woodlands Mall : Offers more than 200 retailers in both indoor and outdoor settings. Inside the mall, there are five popular department stores – Dillard’s, Macy’s, Sears, Forever 21 and JCPenney, in addition to an extensive list of popular apparel and specialty shops, like Ann Taylor, Talbot’s, Coach, Banana Republic, Abercrombie & Fitch, Chico’s, the Apple store, Sony Style and many more.
Town Center: Town Center is the 34-acre “Main Street-styled” Market Street, a popular shopping, dining and special event venue. You can stroll along and enjoy leisurely shopping at places like Sur La Table, Maggie’s, Borders, Charming Charlie’s, Z Gallerie, and Tiffany’s. If you build up an appetite while shopping, you can choose from a casual setting at Potbelly’s, Chipotle , La Madeleine, or and Café Express. Eateries like Tommy Bahama’s Restaurant & Bar and Jasper’s lend a note of sophistication to dining on Market Street’s Central Park, where jazz concerts and other community events add to the festive atmosphere. There’s also HEB Woodlands Market, where fresh produce, meat, seafood and bakery goods are a specialty.
2. Watch a movie at Tinseltown –This 17-screen Cinemark movie theater brings Hollywood’s blockbuster hits to The Woodlands Town Center. With XD Extreme Digital, two mega stadiums, all stadium seating and state-of-the-art sound systems – it’s the perfect place to catch the latest family blockbuster.
3. Attend a concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion:
From Bach to rock, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion features world-class entertainment under the stars for up to 17,000 people.
4. Free Outdoor Concerts:
Northshore Park: Free Concerts in the Park begin each spring at Northshore Park overlooking Lake Woodlands. Each season’s lineup contains an eclectic mix of music to appeal to many different ages and tastes.
Market Street’s Central Park: There are a variety of musical performances and events such as art shows, car shows, and the extremely popular Jazz Concerts on Thursday evenings.
5. Walk/Bike: A family favorite is to hop on the bikes and take a long ride around the numerous trails The Woodlands have to offer.
6. Picnic at the Park: You do not want to leave The Woodlands without stopping by one of the fabulous parks. You can choose from the local neighborhood park or travel a bit further to play a round of Frisbee golf at Terramont Park. If your dogs need to stretch their legs before heading home, be sure to take advantage of the bark park at either Bear Branch or Terramont Parks.
7. Finish the day at the pool: I love to finish the long summer days at one of the 13 pools located in every village. If I have an afternoon free, we take a drive over to the Rob Fleming water-park style pool in Creekside Village. My kids love going down the huge waterslide that’s comes out in lazy river where they can lay back on the tube for a nice float around in the sun.
$240,000 : 127 N Delta Mill Circle, The Woodlands4 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with Texas International Realty
$396,000 : 22 Dapple Gray Street, The Woodlands4 beds, 3 full, 1 half bathsListed with RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
$660,000 : 174 N Almondell Way, The Woodlands6 beds, 5 full, 1 half bathsListed with Century 21 Realty Partners
3 beds, 2 full bathsListed with Coldwell Banker United, REALTORS
$1,750 : 143 N Wynnoak Circle, The Woodlands3 beds, 2 full bathsListed with Connect Realty.com
$2,000 : 74 S Wynnoak Circle, The Woodlands3 beds, 2 full bathsListed with RE/MAX Carlton Woods Sales
$2,250 : 174 N Millport Circle, The Woodlands3 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with Advantage Asset Management
$149,500 : 8 Green Haven Drive, The Woodlands3 beds, 2 full bathsListed with Realty Associates
$247,900 : 87 Autumn Branch Drive, The Woodlands3 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with Berkshire Hathaway HomeService Anderson Properties
$495,000 : 46 Islewood Boulevard, The Woodlands4 beds, 3 full, 1 half bathsListed with Coldwell Banker United, REALTORS
$525,000 : 28 Wind Trace, The Woodlands3 beds, 3 full bathsListed with RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
$594,900 : 14 Spiceberry Place, The Woodlands4 beds, 3 full, 2 half bathsListed with RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
$600,000 : 203 Rockwell Park Boulevard, The Woodlands5 beds, 4 full, 1 half bathsListed with Coldwell Banker United, REALTORS
$825,000 : 35 Silvermont, The Woodlands4 beds, 3 full, 1 half bathsListed with RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
$250,000 : 46 N Creekmist Place, The Woodlands4 beds, 3 full, 1 half bathsListed with Texas Home Group, REALTORS
See all The Woodlands Listings.
(all data current as of 9/27/2016)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.