- Check to make sure roof and gutters are clear of leaves and debris, and trim trees away from house and roof line.
- Trim landscaping back away from the house and make sure there are at least 3 to 4 inches between the ground cover and brick ledge.
- Make sure exterior crawl spaces are clear of vegetation and debris.
- Check siding, soffits and trim boards for decay.
- Check all stations of your sprinkler system for proper function.
- Make sure all exterior door latches and dead bolts are working properly.
- Check switches and bulbs on all light fixtures and make sure they are working.
- Check and adjust the downward pressure on the garage door opener.
- Replace all dirty a/c and furnace filters.
- Provide access to electrical panel, furnace, water heater and attic area at time of inspection.
- Be sure to have at least one (1) smoke detector per floor and in bedrooms.
- Check for any leaky faucets or under-counter pipes; also check sink and tub stoppers.
- Check to make sure all windows are operating smoothly and replace any damaged or missing window screens.
- Remove window security screws and provide keys to all security windows.
These are just a few things that will help the seller at the time of the inspection and have been provided by A Total Inspection Real Estate Inspection Services.