Every year the National Association of Realtors surveys homebuyers and sellers to monitor housing trends. Below are Top 10 Housing Trends from 2011.
1. There were fewer first time home buyers in 2011 than in 2010.
2. Almost 90% of homeowners used the internet to search for a home.
3. The average homebuyer searched for 12 weeks and viewed 12 homes.
4. Almost 90% of homebuyers used a real estate agent or broker.
5. Only 10% of sellers sold their homes without a real estate agent.
6. Home Buyers choose their houses based on commute to work, the neighborhood, and affordability.
7. Buyers said the loan process was more difficult than they expected.
8. Over half of home sellers traded up for a larger, newer, or more expensive home.
9. People move about every 9 years.< 10. Most homes sold for 95% of the listing price.