When you start looking for a home, you first need a pre-approval for a mortgage. Below is a list of things your lender is going to need to process your loan. They may ask for additional items, but this is a list to get you started. Make sure you get these items to your lender in a timely manner your home purchase moving along. This way, you will be able to close when you have planned to close on your new home.
10. Previous addresses where you have lived over the past 5-7 years.
9. Payments you are currently making; a list of current lenders and revolving creditors with account numbers.
8. Credit card numbers with amounts you owe on each credit card.
7. Verification of all income, including child support and part time jobs.
6. Documentation on all retirement accounts, like a 401K.
5. Asset list. Things on this list would include boats, cars, collectibles, RV, etc. Also include brokerage account statements for stocks and bonds.
4. Two to three years of tax returns.
3. Checking and savings account statements for banks and credit unions.
2. Current pay stubs.