1. Make sure eye holes in costumes are large enough for kids to see without tripping. Ensure the costume is safe.
2. Watch out for jack-o-lanterns with candles in them. Don’t get your costume near them.
3. Props, such as swords or pitch forks should have smooth non-pointed ends to prevent serious enjury if a child falls with them.
4. Check all Halloween candy and throw out any that has been opened or is not sealed.
5. Remind kids to look both ways before crossing the street and never get into cars with strangers.
6. Send your children out with a flashlight and clothes that reflect light.