|There are many benefits to living in the greater Houston area, like the lively nightlife, the many restaurants, and being only 30 minutes from the beach.A� Consequently, with the joy of the coast also comes the serious threat of hurricanes.A� We all experienced the wrath of Ike and suffered a great deal of damage.A� Thanks to the Red Cross, here is a list of things to be aware of during hurricane season that could helpA�avoid a hurricane headache. A�
A�Watch vs. Warning:
- Watch: Hurricane conditions are possible
- Warning: Hurricane conditions are expected
A�Prepare a Personal Evacuation Plan:
buy erythromycin cream
- Identify ahead of time where you would go in the case of an evacuation.
- Keep handy telephone numbers and a map of the place.
- Listen to NOAA Weather radio or local radio stations for evacuation instructions.
A�Assemble a Disaster Supplies Kit:
elavil medication without prescription
- First aid kit and essential medications
- Canned food and a can opener
- At least 3 gallons of water
- Protective clothing, sleeping bags, and bedding
- Battery-powered radios, flashlight, and extra batteries
- Important documents: driver’s licenses, social security cards, wills, deeds, etc.
Prepare you home:
- Install hurricane shutters or purchase pre-cut plywood for all your windows
- Make trees wind resistant by removing damaged or dead limbs
- Bring any lawn furniture, children’s toys, hanging plants, or trash cans
- Recheck manufactured home tie-downs
- Fill your car’s gas tank
What to do when a hurricane warning is issued:
- Listen to the officials, and leave if they advise it
- If you are not told to evacuate, stay indoors.
- Be aware of the “eye” of the hurricane, this is only the sign that a hurricane is half over
- Be cautious of tornadoes which can happen during or after a hurricane.A� Stay safe inside a room or bathroom with no windows.
- Stay away from flood areas; rising waters are usually strong and swift and can easily sweep away you or your car.
A� http://bratislavahog.sk/nezaradene/cheap-duphalac-syrup/ What to do after a hurricane:
A�Hopefully, we will not have to put into practice these helpful strategies.A� However, if a hurricane does make it’s way back to Houston, then you will know exactly what to do.A� Have a great school year!