If the latest technology and entertainment options are important in your new home, add the following questions to your buyer’s checklist. This is interesting information I got from the REALTOR Magazine Online and reprinted with permission of the National Association of REALTORS. Visit the Consumer Electronics Association ( http://www.ce.org/techhomerating ) for a complete Tech Home Rating Checklist.
1. Are there enough jacks in every room for cable TV and high-speed Internet hookups? Does it include U-Verse if that’s important to your family?
2. Are there enough telephone extensions or jacks? Most people use their cell phones these days, but some still want a phone in every room, including the bathrooms.
3. Is the home prewired for a home theater or multi-room audio and video?
4. Does the home have a local area network for linking computers?
5. Does the home already have wiring for DSL or other high-speed Internet connection?
6. Does the home have multi-room lighting controls, window-covering controls, or other home automation features?
7. Does the home have multi-room lighting controls, window-covering controls, or other home automation features?
8. Is the home wired with multi-purpose in-wall wiring that allows for reconfigurations to update services as technology changes?