- One of the Heights newest eateries, as well as one of my favorite places to eat, whether it’s breakfast, brunch or dinner is Down House Restaurant, Coffee House and Bar all in one. Whatever your flavor, Down House is sure to tantalize your palate. Located between 18th and 19th street at 1801 Yale, you can enjoy the atmosphere while sipping on a warm cup of coffee, cold brew, or feast on a delectable a meal fit for a king. And best of all, the restaurant is open from 7:00 a.m. until 2 a.m. in the morning.
- Move down the road a few miles to 911 W. 11thStreet and visit Java Java Café, Heights Premier Gourmet Coffee House serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The food is fabulous at this eatery as well.
- Sushi Anyone? Check out the Dragon Bowl located at 1221 W. 11th street.
- Pizza Night, take out or dine in visit Pink’s Pizza Pies located at 1404 Heights Blvd.
- A Sandwich is all I need. Carter & Cooley Delicatessen located in the Historic Downtown Heights shopping district at 375 W. 19th St. serves the freshest breads, meats, cheeses, and veggies that are thoughtfully made to order. They have been serving fresh in the Houston Heights for over 23 years. They simply make the best sandwiches anywhere.
- Texas Cafeteria, located in the Houston Heights just inside the loop at 2400 N. Shepherd offers good home styled cooking serving one of my favorite dishes; blackened chicken breast with black eyed peas and cornbread. This family owned and operated cafeteria has been a part of the Heights Community for over 40 years.
- Relax with weekend entertainment and Great Food by stopping by the Hickory Hollow Restaurant located at 101 Heights Blvd and enjoy some Live Acoustic Music while you dine.
- How about a little cheese, please? Stop on by Jus’ Mac, a Mac and Cheese Eatery serving everything cheesy. From , American, Colby, Pepper Jack, you name it, they will probably have it., Oh, by the way, would you like a hamburger patty or hotdog with your cheese? They can accommodate you there also. Jus Mac is located at 2617 Yale in the Heights.
- Mexican taste bud; Berryhill Baja Grill serving Tacos, Tamales, Ritas and mucho Mas located at 702 E. 11th St.
- Finer Dining, visit the Rainbow Lodge at 2011 Ella Blvd. This is one of the near Houston Height’s original Lodge Restaurant featuring seafood and wild game situated inside a historic log cabin on an acre of grounds.
By the way, here are a few homes for sale in the area.
1 bed, 1 full, 1 half bathsListed with Texas Home Group, REALTORS
$2,695 : 916 Lawrence, Unit B, Houston3 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with Bernstein Realty, Inc.
$449,000 : 953 W 23rd Street, Houston3 beds, 3 full, 1 half bathsListed with Semmler Pollard Properties
$2,394 : 916 W 26th, Houston3 beds, 3 full, 1 half bathsListed with Re/Max Grand
$4,300 : 542 W 23rd Street, Houston3 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan
$549,900 : 305 E 4th Street, Houston3 beds, 3 full, 1 half bathsListed with Heritage Texas Properties
$459,900 : 123 Conoly Street, Houston3 beds, 3 full, 1 half bathsListed with Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan
$2,700 : 827 Le Green Street, Houston4 beds, 1 full, 1 half bathsListed with Silver Key Properties
$1,495 : 715 W 13th, Unit B, Houston1 bed, 1 full bathListed with Light Hill Properties
$599,900 : 1801 Ashland Street, Houston3 beds, 3 full, 1 half bathsListed with Re/Max Grand
See all Homes For Sale in The Heights, Houston.
(all data current as of 3/28/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.